[wp-hackers] GSOC idea

Charles Frees-Melvin charles at cefm.ca
Mon Apr 5 23:42:53 UTC 2010

In reality due to the nature of the way gallery operates it uses the Kohana framework. There already exists a WordPress plugin in the repository to integrate a Kohona project into WordPress http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/kohana-for-wordpress/ . In reality, with the new capabilities of the Gallery in Posts, use of BuddyPress, and custom post types it would be very interesting to see what we as a community can come up with to have a core plugin to host our own WordPress/BackPress powered Gallery. I think we can come up with something better than Gallery3 or NextGen Gallery.