[wp-hackers] GSOC - comment moderation proposal

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 08:22:01 UTC 2010

I'm very interested in doing this work and I'll probably submit an
"official" GSOC proposal soon. I have some comments though.

> What's needed is a way to edit a comment after its posted to add a
> user-relationship.

>This should be present in both the individual
> comment editing screen
> and in the comment moderation list.
Like a admin change-comment-author type system?

I'm not
> sure of the ideal UI for it but it should probably deactivate the
> email/name/url fields if a user is set to make it clear that the
> user's profile info will be used instead.

If a comment is edited it
> should also predict the 'non-logged-in-author' use-case by checking if
> the email is in the users db and offering to convert the comment into
> a user-comment.
I could imagine serious privacy issues with this. A user could a
comment with a random email address. If the email exists in the DB it
would say "This is a valid email...". Perhaps a different UI could be
implemented where once you log in it would show all the comments left
with your email address and offer to convert it to your account?