[wp-hackers] Installation profiles for WordPress

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Sep 25 23:38:48 UTC 2009

Glad to hear it mostly worked Otto. Getting a new site up in the next few
days, once thats done, I'll be pushing the development along more.
I'm going to leave "packaged" plugins alone for now, I'm just going to get
it up and running with a choice of 2 installs:
"Latest Stable version"
"Latest Stable version (Development)" (That'll enable WP_DEBUG and
possibly in the future add extra plugins)
"Latest Nightly version (Development)"

But once its running well, I'd like something like the Linux package
installers, ie. Select a "Role" and it preselects a few plugins from a
list (Or, it could be a customised Role, so you select the plugins you
want)