[wp-hackers] Adding javascript code after script is enqueued

Tynan Colin Beatty junsuijin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 19:04:55 UTC 2009

I just tested this approach successfully for the head situation:
{{{
function my_jquery_test() {
    global $wp_scripts;

    if ( is_a( $wp_scripts, 'WP_Scripts' ) && in_array( 'jquery',
$wp_scripts->queue ) ) {

        if ( $wp_scripts->registered['jquery']->extra['group'] == 1 ) {
            remove_action( 'wp_footer', 'wp_print_footer_scripts' );
            add_action( 'wp_footer', 'my_print_footer_scripts' );
        }
        else {
            remove_action( 'wp_head', 'wp_print_head_scripts', 9 );
            add_action( 'wp_head', 'my_print_head_scripts', 9 );
        }

    }

}
add_action( 'wp', 'my_jquery_test', 0 );

    function my_print_head_scripts() {
        $rest = my_print_scripts_prep();

        wp_print_head_scripts();

        my_print_scripts_finish( $rest );

        wp_print_head_scripts();
    }

    function my_print_footer_scripts() {
        $rest = my_print_scripts_prep();

        wp_print_footer_scripts();

        my_print_scripts_finish( $rest );

        wp_print_footer_scripts();
    }

    function my_print_scripts_prep() {
        global $wp_scripts;

        $offset = array_search( 'jquery', $wp_scripts->queue );

        $rest = array_slice( $wp_scripts->queue, $offset );

        $wp_scripts->queue = array_slice( $wp_scripts->queue, 0, $offset + 1
);

        $wp_scripts->print_html = "<script
type='text/javascript'>jQuery.noConflict();</script>\n";

        return $rest;
    }

    function my_print_scripts_finish( $array ) {
        global $wp_scripts;

        $wp_scripts->queue = $array;
    }
}}}

This method is the easiest way i could think of to get the noconflict to
load directly after the jquery script (in case other scripts that depend
upon it are also enqueued for the same spot). The hooks provided in this
process do not allow for any other simpler approaches i could think up at
this time.

Another possible approach is to create your own version of the
wp-admin/load-scripts.php script concatenator.

peace~