[wp-hackers] JavaScript,wp_enqueue_script and concatenation

Milan Dinić liste at srpski.biz
Fri Sep 4 21:20:34 UTC 2009

There are several scripts that do this on front end:
WP Minify
W3 Total Cache
Script Compressor
PHP Speedy
Autoptimize

Note that all of them have different features and give different results so
test results with tools like Live HTTP Headers extension for Firefox or
online tools http://www.webpagetest.org/test and
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ (check cache/expiry
headers and gziping, see what scripts are concatenated (you don't want to
include popular external files like Google Analytics, AdSense, Google Ajax
Libraries or other statistics, ads and similar files which are common and
are probably already cached on user's browser) and so on).

And tell us what you did!