[wp-hackers] Show only Shortcodes in Sidebar

Navjot Singh navjotjsingh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 12:12:16 UTC 2009

I have a blog where in sidebar, I need to fetch posts belonging to video
category. Now Videos are embedded using shortcodes. But since the_content is
used to show the posts in sidebar, any text and even image in a video post
gets shown in sidebar which makes it messy.

How to filter the_content so that only shortcodes display in that sidebar
and rest of content gets filtered out? I am noob with regular expressions
and such stuff.

Regards

Navjot Singh