[wp-hackers] Plugin License Excluding Spam

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Oct 23 15:47:07 UTC 2009

Ahh, true that. Fair enough, I was looking for the "or any later
version" boilerplate in the readme and didn't find it, so I assumed
that the license.txt was the only allowable version.

Nevertheless, I would avoid using GPLv3, because it *is* incompatible
with GPLv2 software, and many people will not use it because of the
excessive restrictions it imposes on usage (not just distribution,
like the GPLv2).

-Otto