[wp-hackers] WordPress Bike Shed Mailing List

Lynne Pope lynne.pope at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:46:09 UTC 2009

2009/10/23 Andy Skelton <skeltoac at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Matt Martz <matt at sivel.net> wrote:
> > I've got this great idea.  My idea is to create a wp-bikeshed mailing
> > list so that all of you on this list have a place to argue endlessly
> > and never come to any decisions, without disrupting everyone's inboxes
> > with your pointless spam.
>
> -1 for wp-bikeshed. Shed color arguments never happen in a forum
> created for that purpose. Use wp-discuss.

The problem is, too many feature requests/ideas are posted to this list by
people who are asking others to make their ideas happen. Try pointing the
person to the ideas forum and a slanging match results. Try telling someone
that they should be posting support questions on the forum and the same
thing happens.

As a result of the noise people who want genuine feedback before wasting
their time creating a patch nobody wants just get drowned out, discouraged,
and give up.

Lynne