[wp-hackers] wordpress security

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Oct 16 15:02:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Nathan Rice <ncrice at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sure this has been mentioned before (elsewhere), but it's important to
> note that not all WordPress users log into their dashboard every day, and
> the vast majority of WordPress users don't subscribe to any RSS feed that
> would indicate that WordPress needs to be upgraded.

True, but an automatic email notification to the admin would just have
lots of people asking us how to turn it off.

You can't make people do something they don't want to do. If they
don't want to be active about it, then continuously annoying them
ain't gonna do it.

If somebody wants to get a notification of new releases, then here's
the feed you'll want to subscribe to:
http://wordpress.org/development/category/releases/feed/

Promote that feed however you like. Create automated emails based on
it if you wish.

-Otto
Sent from Memphis, TN, United States