[wp-hackers] E-Learning and Wordpress

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Fri Oct 16 14:43:05 UTC 2009

> From: Alex Hempton-Smith <hempsworth at googlemail.com>
> What I'm asking the hackers is; what's your thoughts on using WP for
> the
> applications I've described, and how would you possibly use WP for a
> e-learning, course management etc facility?
Alex, there is a very big community of academic users of WordPress, MU
and BuddyPress. I suggest you subscribe and post to the wp-edu list,
which serves this community's specific needs. In the meantime, you
might look into the Courseware plugin for WordPress. Not sure where
you're located, but WordCamp New York City in November will have
tracks for academic use and BuddyPress/MU development. CUNY and
University of Mary Washington are both good examples of universities
using BuddyPress and various plugins in an MU environment for academic
purposes.
Jane