[wp-hackers] This was painful to read...

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Sat Nov 28 14:33:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 08:49:18AM -0500, Mike Schinkel wrote:

> If "messing" is adding a thin layer to support custom post types and custom
> URLs then why not?
>
> Besides, how many business people want to create Torrent sites?  Most want
> to build business-related sites.  Wordpress would be all 80% would need if
> it had custom post types and URLs to support.
>
> > Anything that increases WP's flexibility without compromising its ease of
> > use for the average pedestrian I would be fine with.
>
> That's all I'm suggesting.

Speaking for a small web shop that builds using Wordpress, Drupal and Zend
Framework, I couldn't agree with Mike more on all points. While Drupal "does
more", its heavy, bloated and convoluted by comparison. For those of us that
often are happily and productively using Wordpress to do non-traditional
Wordpress types of things, custom post types and more flexible url handling
would be really welcomed.

--
Hal