[wp-hackers] (Another) problem with WP_Rewrite - The too-many-pages-bug

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Wed Nov 25 05:09:05 UTC 2009

Actually, that is part of the WordPress WP_Rewrite feature. It allows
for easily finding paths that are completely dynamic.

For example, most web sites would have that hard coded into the
controller, but since WordPress allows for customizing the rewrite rules
to the extreme, it would be almost impossible to allow for the extension
using my code. Therefore, I mean, I would allow you to use the hard
coded rewrites, if you wish and probably set up a few of them to use
them, since it is the same as in WordPress. It is just that with
postnames, it would be too slow to do all of the queries needed to get
what you were looking at otherwise.

Not really scalable when you get up to the tens of thousands or for some
just thousands of posts. So, what I'm trying to say, is that it wouldn't
be fixed with my rewrite of the WP_Rewrite and WP_Query components.

Jacob Santos