[wp-hackers] Adding Filters

Russ Gilbert russgilbert at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 01:46:17 UTC 2009

I am using Benoit Gobe's Email Anti-Spam Plugin to obfuscate email addresses
from spam spiders.  Generally speaking it does a fine job but for my current
project I want to keep the email addresses in a custom field.

Looking at the plugin, obviously anything not in the_content won't get
filtered:

add_filter ('the_content', 'anti_email_spam', 15);

So - I thought it would be as simple as adding a filter for the function I'm
using to extract the custom field:

add_filter ('get_post_custom_values', 'anti_email_spam', 16);

But that doesn't seem to work.  I'm somewhat new to WP development so I have
to assume I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what.

Thanks!