[wp-hackers] WP_Http File Upload

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Thu Nov 19 19:25:28 UTC 2009

Actually, I think I can just add a method to WP_Http class for adding
files with optional mime type parameter. Since the header code will be
the same for the Streams transport, I'm thinking of just creating a new
class which handles it for both. The cURL and HTTP Extension transports
will use the built-in functionality, since it will be stable, less prone
to bugs and won't require maintenance like the multipart class will in
the future.

I'm thinking this will require two to three hours of work with an hour
of testing and maybe another hour for debugging. I'll have to make sure
I devote the time Saturday, because this would be very useful for my own
purposes. I've been trying to figure out how to do this myself and it
actually doesn't seem to be difficult. I should of just looked at the
standard.

Jacob Santos

[1] I mean it would be like waking up after a wild night of partying to
find yourself laying next to a fat lady with a poop sack and boils on
her face.