[wp-hackers] Username Madness

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Tue Nov 3 18:28:59 UTC 2009

I think the current system is indeed messy but makes a lot of sense
and retroactively shunting it into plugin territory is a bad idea.

We have users who blog from places where they need to maintain their
anonymity for security reasons. They use display name to hold their
pseudonyms and first+last to hold their real names (useful for various
organizational reasons).

I don't think changing this is worth the problems it will cause. It's
not that hard to understand and as long as the workflow of using it is
well designed (which it currently is) very few people will actually
have problems with it.

--
Jeremy Clarke | http://jeremyclarke.org
Code and Design | http://globalvoicesonline.org