[wp-hackers] TEMPLATEPATH in child themes

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Wed May 13 20:28:15 GMT 2009

>> TEMPLATEPATH points to the parent theme path because the parent
>> theme is
>> considered the "template" in the child theme style.css file.  It
>> makes
>> sense.

Yeah it does make sense.

However, I had a plugin that was testing TEMPLATEPATH for the
existence of a folder in my theme, which I naturally wanted to store
in my child theme (so that my parent theme remained 'clean' and free
of customizations). I just added a symlink to point to the 'real'
location in my child theme's folder and it worked out, so crisis
averted.

Just wanted to raise it on the list for more insight.

Thanks,

- Eric Marden