[wp-hackers] Re: Re: Automatic 'updated version' detection broken (Kim Parsell)

Rich Christiansen warproof at warproof.com
Mon Mar 30 17:24:25 GMT 2009

Hi Kim/Matt/et al,

Thanks for your responses - I've updated the plugin re Matt's
suggestion, and it works as expected!  Woohoo!  I find it interesting
that the comment format worked fine in older versions of WP, but
recently it has stopped working.  Perhaps this explains the drop in
downloads for the plugin... :)

The reason why I had initially put the GNU license info before the WP
metadata was because the GNU license stipulates that it be placed at the
top of every source file.  However, I don't think anyone can object to
the exception if it is unavoidable due to a technical limitation such as
this.

Anyway, thanks again for your help, and have a great day!

-Rich