[wp-hackers] Hiding Child's Template Theme

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Mar 30 14:01:13 GMT 2009

On Mar 30, 2009, at 8:46 AM, Chris Jean wrote:

> My reasoning for wanting to hide the parent theme is simple: I don't
> want a user to activate the parent theme if the child theme was the
> one customized or built for their needs.

Why not just set that user so he can't change themes?

If no built-in user works, you can use the Role manager plugin.

> I'm thinking of building a patch for core that allows for an entry
> in the theme information that tells WordPress to hide the theme from
> activation on Manage Themes.

I have a patch in Trac that allows plugins to add a custom header to a
plugin.  If this is committed, it makes sense to extend it to themes
as well.

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8964

If it were implemented for themes, it would be a step toward being
able to do what you want via plugin.

Regards,
Stephen

--