[wp-hackers] GSoC2009 idea: Workflows/Moderation in WordPress

Jan Bucher janbucher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 04:13:01 GMT 2009

Yeah.

And although i disabled it years ago, some leftovers of your plugin
still hang around in my blog nowadays :)
Waited a long time to say that!

Just kidding. =) Good work there!

Every implementation of interfaces for designing workflows i have seen
in big production systems where .. useless!
Think about it: You will design your workflow just once in two years
or so. And many things you can do informal between your staff.
So don't spend much time with the interface and more with the clean
implementation of the .. say .. end user appearance and security.

Well. Actually i just have some more use-cases, if you mind:

I need to oversee the work of 20 authors. I don't want to moderate
everything, but there is definitely the need to check images and
moderate these. (They never gonna realize what 'copyright' stands
for).

And then there are some posts that have to match certain criteria,
like a special meta-field set ... but that would be too much, hum?

kind regards .. and: go for it!
Jan

PS: How can one tell, if the designer designs and not alters what the
writer has written? =)