[wp-hackers] PHP compatibility

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sat Mar 28 20:29:23 GMT 2009

Oh, sweet Jebus, no. Rewriting the PHP files on the fly? I can just
imagine the incompatibility problems.

Look, we still have problems on a lot of hosts writing files for
plugin installation and for automated upgrades. If you start making it
actually create files as needed, you'll break it in tons of places.

So, until we can talk the-powers-that-commit into dropping PHP4, we're
probably stuck with this backwards type of solution.

-Otto
Sent from: Memphis Tennessee United States.