[wp-hackers] Hacked blogs

Bjorn Wijers burobjorn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:52:53 GMT 2009

Just a minor remark on FTP which might be useful:

A lot of people use wireless anywhere they can, while forgetting that FTP
credentials are sent in plain-text making it very easy for a bad-guy to sniff
the passwords by using a compromised wifi access point. Make sure you use a
secure encrypted connection (for instance SFTP) for all your network traffic
when using wifi accesspoint you do not control.

Hope you'll find the culprit sooner than later.

All the best,
BjornW

--

met vriendelijke groet,
Bjorn Wijers

* b u r o b j o r n .nl *
digitaal vakmanschap | digital craftsmanship

Concordiastraat 68-126
3551 EM Utrecht
The Netherlands

phone: +31 6 49 74 78 70