[wp-hackers] GSOC 9 - Wordpress Server Model...

Beau Lebens beau at dentedreality.com.au
Fri Mar 27 00:20:57 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Arunoda Susiripala <arunoda at mit2007.com> wrote:
> I'm going to create a Client Server Architecture to Connect 2 or more
> instance of WP
> Then One Instance became a Server while others as Clents

Do you mean something like MySQL's replication, where one install acts
as MASTER while another acts as SLAVE?

What's the use-case for this scenario? e.g. Why would I want to be
able to do this, rather than just replicating the entire blog if
that's what I wanted to do.

The only scenario I can think of (which seems like a bit of a
different issue) would be the ability to log into one WP install, and
(optionally) publish a post over to a different WP install.

Is that the sort of thing you're hoping to allow?

Beau