[wp-hackers] Plugin Version Control & Source Code Hosting?

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Thu Mar 19 22:14:50 GMT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 5:24 PM, Peter Westwood wrote:
> My recommendation, use subversion externals.

It would be great if you could see the read-only svn URLs for plugins
in the extend db on the plugin page. I know right now its on the admin
tab of plugins you manage, but being able to easily get the svn URL
for power users would be the most amazing thing ever. You can kind of
guess the URLs but since many addresses and plugin names aren't exact
(including with some of my own) it is an error prone process. I'm a
big fan of svn:externals and would love to be able to pull the source
of plugins directly into my svn managed WordPress sites, just like I
do for the WordPress core files themselves.

- Eric Marden
http://xentek.net/code/wordpress/