[wp-hackers] Inclusion of TimThumb -- anyone game?

Glenn Ansley glenn at glennansley.com
Thu Mar 5 19:40:52 GMT 2009

I've done this for clients in the past like this:

1) Tell them upload an image to their post (but don't actually "send
to editor". Just upload so its associated with the post).
2) Tell them to title it something specific like post_image, icon, or
whatever you want.

Then, in your php loop
* Use this psuedo code:  select id from wp_posts where type is image
and parent is [current post] and post_title is [post_splash] limit 1
* Run it through <?php wp_get_attachment_image( $image_id ,
array(75,75), false); ?> and you're golden. (second argument - the
array - is your image dimentions)

BTW, there are a lot of cool functions / filters when you start
digging through wp_get_attachment_image and the functions it depends
on. They're all in wp-includes/media.php.... including image_resize();

Glenn Ansley
Custom WordPress Plugins
http://fullthrottledevelopment.com