[wp-hackers] Inclusion of TimThumb -- anyone game?

Nathan Rice ncrice at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:13:55 GMT 2009

Doug,
WordPress already includes an image resizing feature when you upload new
images (creates a medium and thumbnail size image).  However, I've been a
little curious as to how plugin/theme developers can use those features
themselves.

I'd like to formally ask for the hackers' help on this one.  If there is a
way for a theme/plugin to take advantage of the image upload and resize
functions, I'd certainly appreciate a point in the right direction.

As far as timthumb, I don't think it would be necessary in core if the same
thing could be accomplished using pre-existing WordPress functions.

Nathan

My Website
http://www.nathanrice.net/

My Twitter