[wp-hackers] How do you get jQuery tabs working in Wordpress 2.8?

Heiko Rabe heiko.rabe at code-styling.de
Thu Jun 18 18:55:56 GMT 2009

It's very easy to write code that works for WP 2.7 and Wp 2.8 accourding
to jQuery Tabs.
I wrote an article (sorry german only) but the essentials are this:

//jQuery UI 1.5.2 doesn’t expect tab ID’s at DIV, so we have to apply a
hotfix instead
var *needs_jquery_hotfix* = (($.ui.version === undefined) ||
(parseInt($.ui.version.split(’.')[1]) < 7));
$("#tabs"+(*needs_jquery_hotfix* ? “>ul” : “”)).tabs({
//do you init stuff here
});

To test the UI instead of jQuery is the better way, because the tabs
component inherits from rewritten jQuery widget class.
Also some more patches can be easly applied against a older UI version
to work as it would be a 1.7+ version.

regards