[wp-hackers] How do you get jQuery tabs working in Wordpress 2.8?

Dylan Kuhn dylankkuhn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 13:28:27 GMT 2009

I found by experimenting that in jQuery 1.3.x I have to select the container
of the tab UL, whereas in 1.2.x I had been selecting the UL itself. My
attempt (not claiming best practice) at code to work in both is something
like:

    jQuery(function() {
        var selector = '#tabs-container';
        if ( typeof jQuery.prototype.selector === 'undefined' ) {
            // We have jQuery 1.2.x, tabs work better on UL
            selector += ' > ul';
        }
        jQuery( selector ).tabs();

-dylan-