[wp-hackers] Linking stylesheet to RSS feeds

RePost repost_08 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 07:46:22 GMT 2009

Frank Bueltge wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Ryan McCue<lists at rotorised.com> wrote:
>
>> On 16/06/2009 11:36 AM, RePost wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any way to link my stylesheet with WP's RSS feeds?
>>>
>> How do you intend to "link" it? RSS feeds contain just the information, not
>> styling. The way RSS feeds with styling work is by using inline styling.

There's plenty of instruction on the Web about linking stylesheets to
RSS feeds. This for example:
http://mondaybynoon.com/2006/08/14/beginning-to-style-your-rss-feed/

But that doesn't relate to my question, which involved styling the
WordPress feed(s).

I'd like to style my WordPress feed. Can I style the feed? How can I
style the feed? Inline, you say? How can I add inline styles to my feed?

Here are the other key points of my message:

When it creates my feeds, WP grabs the images from my blog content and
ignores the stylesheet, so I have images bumping up against text:
http://bit.ly/sBCvw

I've avoided this with my main feed by hand-coding the XML (replacing my
styles with generic CSS) and sending it to FeedBurner:
http://bit.ly/atybz

Is there any way, other than to hand-style my feed, to get WP to create
a feed where the text flows around the images?

Thanks.