[wp-hackers] WP automatic upgrade issues

Demetris kikizas at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 14:45:14 GMT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Rich Pedley<elflop at googlemail.com> wrote:
> At present I don't believe there are any checks to see if plugins are
> compatible when the upgrade takes place. Surely a check on the readme
> for the 'Tested up to' value could at least flag potential plugins
> that may cause issues. As it is at present people may have installed
> plugins that no longer work with that version.

[SNIP]

I was thinking this morning about opening a ticket for this.

For example:

You have 3 plugins that have not been tested for compatibility with
WordPress 2.8:

*   Plugin A
*   Plugin B
*   Plugin C

[ Thank you, WordPress!  Please, deactivate these plugins for me
before upgrading. ]

[ Don’t deactivate anything.  Just upgrade!  I know what I’m doing. ]

Something like this could save users (and also people who try to
support users) from a lot of trouble.

Cheers,

Demetris
http://op111.net/