[wp-hackers] WP automatic upgrade issues

Rich Pedley elflop at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:14:52 GMT 2009

At present I don't believe there are any checks to see if plugins are
compatible when the upgrade takes place. Surely a check on the readme
for the 'Tested up to' value could at least flag potential plugins
that may cause issues. As it is at present people may have installed
plugins that no longer work with that version.

Like wise, and I don't know if this has been implemented or not, a
similar check on the plugin against the version of WP installed should
be done when installing direct from WP.org. This could also be
extended to a check when activating any plugin.

Thoughts?

--
my mind is on a permanent tangent
http://cms.elfden.co.uk/