[wp-hackers] Plugin dependency checking

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Thu Jun 11 16:43:12 GMT 2009

Something you might try is make the plugin do nothing but hook a
function to run at plugins_loaded.  Then in that function you check
that the "master" plugin is running, and if it is, load the dependent
stuff.

There are some limitation to this since "plugins_loaded" doesn't run
immediately after plugins are loaded (a bug IMO).  for example, the
"pluggable.php" file is loaded between plugins loading and the
"plugins_loaded" hook firing.  Also I think some caching stuff happens
in between.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider