[wp-hackers] WP 2.8 "Enhanced support for custom taxonomies"

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 14:26:14 GMT 2009

Hello people,

Does anyone know what the subject ("Enhanced support for custom taxonomies")
means in WP 2.8? I found it on "WP 2.8 What's New" list. Is a custom
taxonomy still strictly binded to a particular object type? I mean until now
one had to create separate taxonomies for links and for posts, etc, even if
they semantically belonged to the same one, let's say posts about music and
links to music resources, or something like that. Is it still true? And what
is meant under that "Enhanced support for custom taxonomies" after all?

Best Regards,
David Barbakadze