[wp-hackers] How can I filter on post count for categories?

L'Autre Monde autremonde75 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 17:16:24 GMT 2009

Hello,

I am currently writing a plugin which creates a custom post type. When the category list widget is displayed, the number of posts per categories only includes the posts with a post type of "post". Also, if a category only has the customer post type, it isn't listed as it is seen as an empty one.

I have tried to filter on the get_category and list_cats to modify the category->count for the category but it doesn't work :(

Any idea for this please? :)

Cheers!

Olivier