[wp-hackers] two wordpress's same db..

madalin niladam at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 15:59:42 GMT 2009

Thanks. I think wpmu is the best solution, as wp-hive looks fine, but
might get outdated.

Another issue i have is:

i moved blog from /blog to root dir and used Dean's Permalinks
Migration because we also changed the permalinks from
/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ to /%postname%/ and now whenever
i create a new page and go to it, i get a 404. Any suggestions ?

The 404 is theme's 404. I have really NO CLUE of what the problem is...

Thanks

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Malaiac <malaiac at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/3 madalin <niladam at gmail.com>:
>> Say i'd like to have a single wordpress installation but different
>> themes on each subdomain (a site with multiple subdomains) and i'd
>> like every website to share users and such, how would i do that
>> without using WPMU ?
>
> Shared user table.
> look for custom_user_table in wp config tweaking
>
> Assuming every user must have the same capabilities on each subdomain,
> you'll have to hack core to change the prefix_capabilities

Cu drag,
madalin
http://madalin.eu