[wp-hackers] Load Balancing | Media Uploads to Multiple Servers

Simon Wheatley simon at sweetinteraction.com
Wed Jul 29 14:02:14 UTC 2009

The load balanced solution I'm deploying to as I type has file syncing
in the OS File System. Perhaps worth looking at as well as a WP
solution?

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Steve Pellham<spellham at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone aware of an existing plugin for the post editor pages and/or media
> gallery that would push uploaded media (images, video, etc....) to multiple
> servers in cases where a WP installation is load balanced?
>
> DB changes are handled via local and wan replication, but I'm looking for a
> solution for keeping other media in sync as new images/videos are added to
> the gallery, inside posts, etc...  I can think of ways to accomplish this
> (ftp, rsync...), but I haven't yet found an existing plugin for this.  Don't
> want to reinvent the wheel unless absolutely necessary.
>
> Thanks, Steve

Simon Wheatley
Sweet Interaction Ltd
Web Interaction Design & Development
Tel: 07971 687295

Consulting for Stephen Fry: http://stephenfry.com/
Blog functionality for DfID - http://blogs.dfid.gov.uk/
House of Illustration site - http://houseofillustration.org.uk/
Blog for the Royal Navy - http://jackspeak.royalnavy.mod.uk/

---
Sweet Interaction Ltd is Registered in England/Wales, no. 6610741
Registered office: 7 Malton Av, Manchester, M21 8AT