[wp-hackers] Shortcodes stopped working after 2.8.2

Chris Jean gaarai at gaarai.com
Fri Jul 24 03:49:56 UTC 2009

I pasted your exact code into the default theme's functions.php file,
created a new post with the shortcodes, and it worked like a charm.

The content of the post is:

    [hc] [merg]

Have you tried testing the code out on a different theme and/or
disabling all plugins. It seems to me that while upgrading to 2.8+ may
have caused you to experience the problem, the true source lies with
code outside the core.

Chris Jean
http://gaarai.com/
http://wp-roadmap.com/