[wp-hackers] Reply By Email in Self Hosted Blogs

Joseph Scott joseph at josephscott.org
Tue Jul 14 17:46:10 UTC 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Stephane Daury wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2009, at 2:38, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
>
>> On 7/13/2009 9:01 PM, Lynne Pope wrote:
>>> How about releasing the source code so that those who wish to use
>>> it can?
>>> Or, better yet, release as a plugin.

With some work (mostly making sure there's no WordPress.com specific
codisms) it could be pounded into a plugin.

>> I'm planning on releasing it, but it'll probably be like the video
>> server and require a bit of setup to use fully.
>>
>> I also want to do a way for the WP.com post by email system to post
>> to wordpress.org blogs, or any XML-RPC endpoint.
>
> I like the sound of that! :D

The second method of using WordPress.com as a hub so that any
WordPress.org blog could use these features as well going to be much
more popular.  That said I'll look at the code and see what needs to
be done to wrap it into a plugin.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org