[wp-hackers] widgets and themes issue

Rich Pedley elflop at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 30 20:01:53 GMT 2009

2009/1/30 Chris Jean <gaarai at gaarai.com>:
> I haven't actually dug into the code to determine exactly how this situation
> is handled. However, in my experience, WordPress will always try to shift
> the existing activated widgets to new sidebar locations in the new theme.
>
> So, it's possible that the widget was still activated, but that it was on a
> different sidebar than the one shown by default.
>
> I'll dig into the code and see if I can find out more.

Hmm so that would mean if sidebar is registered with same name you're
ok as WP should recognise it. I think she was trying with different
named sidebars at the time, so that might explain it. not sure that
answers whether it is a bug or not though.

--
my mind is on a permanent tangent
http://cms.elfden.co.uk/