[wp-hackers] shortcode for images?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Jan 30 12:29:24 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Chris Jean <gaarai at gaarai.com> wrote:
> The problem isn't that the format that image references are stored in when
> added to post content is poor. The problem is that WordPress installations
> as a whole don't transfer well.
>
> So, I propose that some sort of transfer mechanism be added to the core of
> WordPress. This transfer mechanism will intelligently handle updating all
> data in the database that needs to be updated when the siteurl and/or home
> are modified. In addition, an action is fired before and after this data
> transfer occurs so that plugins can do any necessary changes as well.
>
> This type of solution doesn't impact the performance of the core in any way
> while still enabling simple migrations of site data.

The existing Export/Import works "okay". Not great, but okay. It will
handle the image transfers *if* the old site that you're migrating
from is still around and accessible, because it can pull the images
from the old site directly.

Perhaps some sort of export solution that puts the images into the
export data itself would mitigate the issues with it.