[wp-hackers] permalinks trailing slash good or bad?

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Thu Jan 29 14:41:42 GMT 2009

This isn't really a question for wp-hackers, but I'll answer it anyway: it
literally does not matter.

A trailing slash usually means the URL requested is a folder (rather than a
file), at least in the classic sense, but since the post is neither a folder
nor a file...

As for a user forgetting to type the trailing slash, WordPress will enforce
your preference. If a user forgets the trailing slash, WordPress will add
it. Same goes for "www" as well as if you were to opt to have no trailing
slash (it'd strip it off).

Just pick one and forget about it.

Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/ | http://www.finalgear.com/