[wp-hackers] Adding meta data to categories

dan.f dan at eliresearch.com
Sat Jan 24 01:02:02 GMT 2009

I too have been trying to solve this issue.  Brian - I've
installed/uninstalled your plugin 3 times thinking it would be the solution,
but I still dont know if it is :(  From what I can gather, you can create
new terms, but can't associate them with categories, just posts/pages/links.

What I would like is a table similar to wp_postmeta, but wp_categorymeta,
with 4 columns:
id, catid, key, value

Then have an interface on the categories page to add multiple meta
key/values to each category, and some functions to retrieve these values as
an array for use in the theme.

The headspace2 plugin by urbangiraffe is close on this regard, but they just
have a single input box and its just values defined for each category that
get used for meta keyword tag, not key/value settings.

But, that plugin does modify the 'edit category' page to create the
interface, so that appears to be possibly to hook into.

Brian, can custax do this?  If there is nothing out there like this, then I
will probably end up doing.  Doesn't seem too complicated...