[wp-hackers] "Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress."

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Jan 16 08:29:36 GMT 2009

It was just an oversight not to mention the warning if the tested
field wasnt set..

The warning doesnt mention that its not compatble (It does if it
requires WP 2.8 and you're running 2.6 tho), only that it hasnt been
tested.. In the event that the tested field isnt set, then you're
right, It shouldnt show the message.. If you open a trac ticket, i'll
do it (as well as only checking major version numbers, ignoring minor
updates) else i'll open one later on.