[wp-hackers] Ignore Portions of URI

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Thu Jan 15 19:16:15 GMT 2009

Otto wrote:
> Ugh. Talk about reinventing the wheel. And then making it square. ;)

I'm not saying it's the best solution for the original problem in this
thread. It almost certainly isn't :)

But it is a good technique for some situations. For example, play around
with Addictomatic:

  http://addictomatic.com/

You can do a search, then rearrange or hide various news sources. Your
view state is stored in the hash portion of the URL, which makes it
bookmarkable, without cookies. So you can send the bookmark to other
users, and they get the same search view that you set up. For example:

  http://addictomatic.com/topic/wordpress#kmun.dwqo.tblh

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/