[wp-hackers] Moving a WP blog to a different domain
emmensetech at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 21:37:54 GMT 2009
As others suggest, refer to the Codex. however, I feel particularly giving
today. These are my steps:
1) Copy all files to new domain
2) Mysqldump > Mysql Import
3) From MySQL prompt or phpMyAdmin: update wp_options set option_value = '
http://mynewdomain.com' where option_name in ('siteurl','home');
- Set table prefix accordingly if it's not wp_
- http://mynewdomain.com should be changed to your own new domain
4) Update wp-config.php to use new DB creds
5) Ensure .htaccess is copied over (sometimes it isn't since it is hidden -
depends on how you copy) or recreate
Should be it. YMMV
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Mário Gamito <gamito at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to move my WP blog from, let's say, a.com to b.com
> What would be the best approach ?
> Simply changing all the http://www.a.com ocorrences to http://www.b.com
> in the MySQL dump ?
> Would it do the trick or are there any gotchas to be aware of ?
> Of course I'll maintain the backup.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Warm Regards,
> :wq! Mário Gamito
> wp-hackers mailing list
> wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
More information about the wp-hackers