[wp-hackers] Re: Idea: Rename the Excerpt to something accurate

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:06:38 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Eric Marden <wp at xentek.net> wrote:

>  The problem with auto filling the excerpt is that if the user then changes
>> something in the post, the excerpt will maintain the old content, so if the
>> theme uses the_excerpt, it won't have the updated information.
>>

> This is unfortunate. Have you confirmed its a bug? I don't know if I've
> noticed this, but again, I'm controlling my excerpt with the more tag.

I think he was referring to a hipotetical implementation. I don't think that
would be the case necesarrily, but I don't think it would be a good ideea to
auto-fill the excerpt anyway. At most, a plugin that does this could be
installed (it would be named something like Excerpt Preview).

--
http://scribu.net