[wp-hackers] WPMU + MediaWiki

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:47:18 GMT 2009

Hey all,
I've done lots of searching for this around the net and only find requests
for such an integration, and some very outdated methods which meant hacking
the core so here goes...

I'd like to have WordPress MU, BuddPress, bbPress and MediaWiki all
integrated with single sign-on. WPMU, BP and bbPress are obviously working
great together, but I don't know how to get MediaWiki integrated.

I basically need to map the users and passwords from the WPMU install to the
MediaWiki one, so that MediaWiki checks to see if the main WPMU cookie
exists. Also, I need all users to be regular registered users, except WPMU
Site Admins which should be mapped as admins on the MediaWiki install.

Does anybody have experience in this area?

Cheers,
Alex