[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

Matt Martz mdmartz at sivel.net
Thu Feb 19 17:01:34 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM, scribu <scribu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Having a folder inside each plugin dir that will not get overridden after an
> upgrade would clearly be the most elegant solution. This discussion was
> focusing on a solution without relying on core changes.
>
> So, any chance we might see this improvement in the plugin update process in
> 2.8 ?
>
> --
> http://scribu.net

I have a plugin (shadowbox-js) that will allow users to have custom
skins.  I have recently updated the plugin so that the url to the skin
has a filter applied to it so that a user can put the skin directory
where ever they want and then do an add_filter on the skin url.

I prefer this type of solution over having a directory that will not
get overridden.  But that is, of course, my personal preference.

So I say -1

--
Matt Martz
matt at sivel.net