[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

Dan Gayle dangayle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 19:48:53 GMT 2009

It seems to me that the big issue here is purely semantic:

You need a writable directory
You have a writable directory -> Uploads

That's where the semantics come in:
Some don't want to have Uploads be the name of the writable directory
that plugins use
Some don't care what the directory name is, as long as it is writable.

Perhaps the answer is that we redefine or rename "Uploads" or else
create a separate directory.