[wp-hackers] Thumbnails for Locally Hosted Videos?

Jen Simmons jensimmons at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 23:55:03 GMT 2009

Check out Show in a Box.

vPIP (by Enric Teller) let's you associate a thumbnail and a poster
image with each video. You can host the videos locally, or somewhere
else. vPIP does not have a uploader tool, it expects you are uploading
everything via FTP if it's on your own server. Or you can use blip.tv
and grab the URLS there for vPIP.

There are three other plugins (releated videos, recent videos, and
video archive) that then use the thumbnail.
http://showinabox.tv/plugins/

Screencast tutorial on vPIP at:
http://showinabox.tv/2008/02/19/how-to-install-and-use-vpip/

This is all an open source project, so anyone who is interested is
welcome to jump in and help take these plugins to the next level!

Check out the forums and about us for more.

Jen Simmons
Milkweed Media Design
http://milkweedmediadesign.com