[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

Daniel Torreblanca regulatethis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 21:47:07 GMT 2009

I'd have to agree with Dan on this one, the uploads folder being used
strictly for content makes a lot of sense, especially when you start
getting into content distribution and such - who says my uploads
directory is even on the same server/filesystem? Needing to tweak
permissions for one more directory isn't that big of a deal, any
decent install script for a web app should go through those items
individually and say "hey, run <command> to set permissions properly
on this directory, or set them to X using your favorite FTP
program/cPanel" or something to that effect anyway.

I'd hate to be limited in how I manage my content because of a
misguided effort to help those who don't know how to set permissions
(yet).